“I don’t have time for it”
Sure all this new technology is sometimes a challenge. And we “don’t have time for it”. But really the financial rewards of keeping are impressive.
There are many products and services that can make the business side of selling your artwork a little less complicated and a lot more productive:
- Consider enlisting a friend to use their smart phone and record an informal video of yourself as you work? Or make a “selfie”. The creation of a piece of work and the story behind it can be compelling – especially when the artist narrates it! Upload the video to your YouTube page and then embed it in your web page to share. Post it on Facebook too. Send it to art festivals to add to their Facebook page.
- Keep a current email list of your patrons and use Constant Contact, Mail Chimp or others to quickly and easily keep those buyers and potential buyers informed of your show schedule and latest creations.
- Have an iPad or tablet mounted in your booth with a video about you and your work. It’s all about the visual in getting patrons interested in making that purchase! That iPad could also allow attendees to update your email list. And you can use it with a Square or similar to process credit cards.
- Did you know that Crowdfunding is a way to raise money, on line, to pursue your latest idea? That is another way that technology is helping creators to reach patrons and there are a number of web sites dedicated to this process!
- Use a Square of similar as a credit card reader with your smart phone or iPad. Instant processing and email collection. And the info posts directly to your QuickBooks or other financial software. It’s all about saving your valuab
- If you don’t already have a Facebook page, create one and “chat” here about your work and where you are exhibiting. “Like” your friends, patrons and art festival Facebook pages to increase your reach. Consider a Facebook ad, which can “boost” your posts to reach moreart lovers.
- Are you updating your web site on a regular basis? Your gallery page is the perfect vehicle for intriguing a browsing patron into attending your next festival or making an on-line sale.
- As you travel, take advantage of your smart phone to Google such things as best gas prices, weather forecasts and best routes (not while driving, please).