5K. Run or walk, race or fun. At the one and only ArtFest Fort Myers.
When announcing Publix Run to the Arts Sharon McAllister, ArtFest Fort Myers’ Executive Director said “This is so much more than any ordinary 5K. Publix Run To The Arts brings together the best that life has to offer: health and fitness, arts and culture, friends and family, and the scenic beauty of the Fort Myers waterfront. In our view it is all about quality of life in our community”.
Publix Run to the Arts isn’t just a race, it’s a full morning of fun that kicks off Sunday morning at ArtFest Fort Myers with exceptional art, entertainment, and children’s art activities. Runners and their guests will enjoy live music and be the first to sneak a peek at the artist booths on Sunday morning, even before the festival opens to the public. Join the fun as fabulous artists invite runners to exercise their creativity and create a group art piece.
Post-race festivities include a scrumptious breakfast, an interactive “public” art creation, race awards, live entertainment, fabulous door prizes, and much more. Take part in a new Fort Myers tradition – participate in the Publix Run To The Arts!
Publix Run To The Arts registration fee guarantees a spot in the race as well as all of these runners-only goodies:
- Run to the Arts t-shirt, with beautiful art by ArtFest Fort Myer artist, Callie Gray. Register by January 4th to reserve your size!
- Post-race breakfast, featuring tasty Publix treats – muffins & bagels with all the trimmings; bananas; yogurt; coffee and a few surprises.
- Medals will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each age group, plus special awards for male and female overall, masters, grand masters, and senior masters.
- Door prizes including weekends for two at South Seas Resort, Inns of Sanibel; running gear; Theater and symphony tickets; Art classes; gift certificates for great meals and excursions and so much more.
- Free runners-only parking will be available at West First Street and Carson Street. Park all day and enjoy ArtFest!
- Professional bib timing services by Endurance Sports Timing, provides results posted as soon as the race is finished.
Publix Run To The Arts welcomes non-runners as race day volunteers! All volunteers will get a cool Publix Run To The Arts staff shirt, breakfast on race day, raffle entry, and preferred parking.
Run to the Arts is made possible by the generous support of Publix, a 13 year sponsor of ArtFest Fort Myers, who is carrying on its tradition of being the kind of company a community can count on. Publix invites you to start your day with an invigorating run or walk and a healthy breakfast … then feed your mind and spirit at ArtFest Fort Myers.
ArtFest Fort Myers, the annual juried fine art festival, takes place February 5, 6 & 7, 2016 in the Fort Myers River District. Join the experience with 215 professional artists from across the county and around the world; the largest high school art exhibit and competition in south Florida and free interactive art experiences for children of all ages.
For more information visit RunToTheArts.com or connect with the race or the art festival on Facebook and Linkedin #artfestfm