Visiting Artists Make A Difference
The Visiting Artist Program is a wonderful opportunity for ArtFest Fort Myers artists to share their talents, abilities and love of the arts with young people in our community. Through this program, festival artists work in a Lee County Middle School art classroom for one day, either before or after ArtFest Fort Myers.
Artists are assigned one day with an art teacher and provided with the opportunity to inspire a classroom of budding artists with their talent and success story. Activities for the day may include a discussion of how the artist makes a living with his talent, a lesson on how the artist actually creates his work, or an interactive project with which the students can become involved.
Your teacher/partner will work with you to develop your “game plan”:
- Share your medium — techniques & how you solve problems.
- Let your students know how your career evolved and what it’s like to run a business.
Share your talent, and inspire young art students in our schools.
- Teach in an art classroom for a day.
- Receive a stipend of $165.
- Get reimbursed up to $40 for art supplies.
Donate to the Young Art Collectors Gallery
No one is too young to begin an art collection of his or her own. The Young Art Collectors Gallery at ArtFest is the perfect place for children ages 6 to 12 to purchase artwork for only $5.
Filled with wonderful items donated by festival artists, this “kids only” shopping zone fosters the development of future art patrons with an emphasis on fun. Artists welcome their young collectors and parents to come to their booth for art-signing and a chat with the artist.
Help start a child’s art collection:
- Donate a piece of your work (value $25 or less).
- Receive a Young Art Collectors Ribbon to display in your booth.
- Be a part of developing future art patrons.
All proceeds from the Young Art Collectors Gallery provide funding for Art Supply Grants to Lee County Elementary Schools.