ArtFest Fort Myers is a juried art festival.
That means we’re super-picky about which artists get in. (Check out the Online Art Gallery and see the quality for yourself!)
In fact, only 1 in 5 artists who apply are accepted to ArtFest Fort Myers. And they come from all over the country — usually about 39 states are represented.
So you can be sure you’ll discover Made-in-USA originals and beautiful, hand-crafted treasures in every booth.
You’ll meet the real artists face-to-face.
And you’ll find a wide range of prices to suit every budget!
Both the serious art lover and novice collector will find ArtFest Fort Myers the perfect place to learn about the world of art. Add to or begin your own unique collection.
What does it mean to be a “juried art festival”?
- Artists apply on-line with digital images of their artwork and booth display.
- A 5-member panel of art professionals convenes at Edison State College to view a slide show using state-of-art equipment. The panel scores all of the artists’ work on a 7-point scale. The ArtFest staff does not participate in the selection process — it is done exclusively by art professionals.
- The top artists in each category are then invited to exhibit at ArtFest Fort Myers.
- ArtFest Fort Myers strives to create a balanced show that represents diverse styles and techniques. Artists are selected based upon quality of workmanship, originality and artistic conception. All work must be created solely by the exhibiting artists.
- Juried art festivals are vigilant in being sure that “importers” and “production houses” are not among the exhibiting artists.
2016 Poster and T-Shirt